Thursday, September 21, 2017

Worship Matters: A Faithful Worship Leader

In Chapter 7 of his book, Kauflin states that being a good worship leader can not be equated to fame. When we look at other famous worship leaders with CD's and world tours, it is easy to wonder where we went wrong. However, being faithful to God is not about fame, but rather about being loyal to Him. It is so easy to get caught up in the music, but we must remember to please God and lead people to God's greatness. Opposition may arise, and we have to be aware of it-but as long as we know we please God, worship is true worship.

I think that it is very easy for worship leaders to be carried away with the music. After all, as musicians we tend to automatically worry about the quality of the music. I do agree that it is puzzling when somebody compliments us on the worship, because I feel that often they refer to the quality of the music, not the purpose of the music. I also feel like I tend to either worry too much about criticizism or not worry at all, but I realize that the only one I have to please is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is "worship"? | Bob Kauflin

This is the last blog post! This video is an interview of Kauflin as he approaches worship from a non-musical aspect. When asked for his bes...