This is the last blog post! This video is an interview of Kauflin as he approaches worship from a non-musical aspect. When asked for his best definition of worship, Kauflin defined it as "exalting something above myself that will ultimately satisfy me", and as a response to God's glory. Worship without music is to continue to acknowledge God's name to others and share God's love with others. As people worship God, they respond to the grace that God has had for us through Jesus, and do it joyfully rather than grudgingly. Kauflin also says that "if our worship doesn't begin with grace, it's not really worship." Therefore, worship, including music or not, has to be our response to God's grace for us.
I really liked this video interview! Whenever I hear the word "worship", my mind tends to jump to music. But this video showed me that even with music, if I'm not doing it while in awe of God's grace and mercy for me, then it's not worship; it's just music. I can also use this information when I go off to college. I won't have the opportunity to worship outside of church, and may not get to be on the worship team (which I've been on at my church since I was 9). But even if I cant serve on the worship team, I can worship God by sharing His love for others and reminding myself of His grace for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment