In chapter 28-31 of the book, Kauflin deals with the different kinds of relationships worship leaders must have with one another. He discusses how to resolve disagreements that are bound to happen. I chose to focus on the part where he talked about criticism and compliments. Kauflin said that we must take criticism as an opportunity to grow and re-evaluate how well we are worshipping. We must take both criticism and compliments with a thank you and pray for those who speak to us about how we worship. Kauflin also discusses the relationships worship leaders have with the church pastors. It is important that worship leaders get along with pastors, and take into account their remarks on worship. However, when disagreements arise, both must be willing to work together and pray for each other and stay rooted in faith.
I mainly related to the compliment section of this part. Usually, I am really awkward at accepting compliments and tend to not accept them at all. It's not uncommon for me to try to reject the compliment. I learned that I must take compliments as they are, nothing more and nothing less. I should use both compliments and criticism as ways to help me grow in worship leading. I also learned that in our worship team we must continue to build relationships with one another, constantly praying for them. It's important that we communicate whenever disagreements arise, in order to avoid creating divisive conflicts.
No comments:
Post a Comment