We read part one of Bob Kauflin's book, which was concerned with worship team as leaders. He starts off questioning the impact of a worship leader on others and the importance of being one. Kauflin then asserts that the heart is the most important aspect of a good worship, because it is so easy for one to become sidetracked with idolatry or self-obsession and forget what really matters. In the end, everything is owed to God and the gifts and talents He blessed each individual with. Kauflin also states that it is important to not only carry out worship in each Sunday service, but also to practice a life of Christianity in love and conduct throughout our lives.
I personally agree with Kauflin's statements in the first part of his book. I feel as if it is so easy to focus on the quality of the music I produce that I somewhat lose focus on the only reason why I'm up and performing in the first place: God. I believe that worship is productive when both skill and passion for Christ is combined. I also want to be able to carry out biblical leadership more than worship on a Sunday, and should pay attention to the example I set in the way I live my life.
The heart is most definitely the most important aspect of good worship because if your heart isn't in it... than what is the point? I like how you said that it is easy for one to become sidetracked with self-obsession of sounding good and etc. not only because it is powerful, but it is also very true. I also struggle with loosing focus on what really matters about worship. good job!
ReplyDeleteEven though I'm not great at commenting I'll give it a shot. An interesting point that you mentioned is that you sometimes end up solely focusing on the skill portion of your music and not the passion for Christ. I feel as though we have all felt this way at least once but being in this class and working together will help us grow spiritually and be more skilled in our instruments.
ReplyDeleteI totally feel you on the focus on the skill and not on the worship. As musicians I feel like we all get so caught up on producing music that we forget what we're actually doing it for. Focus on the worship and focus on God and He will give you meaning the music!!
ReplyDelete