In Ch.9 of Kauflin's book, the author states that worship should always be about God. So, when we worship, we need to make sure that we worship in such a way that is pleasing to God: through Jesus Christ. No single good act can reach God except through Jesus, since he died on the cross for us. Jesus acts like the door between us and God, and died for our sins so that we can be brought closer to God. Jesus's cross shows how great God's love for us as well as how big our sins are; realizing that, we should worship in a way that presents God's love and glory how great it is.
I find that when I'm so focused on worship, I take God's glory away. I recently realized that I do not show emotion whatsoever when I worship, but rather look serious and mad. This is because I don't enjoy it as much as I try not to mess up. By doing this, my worship does not display the greatness of God's love for us that He sent Jesus to die for us. My goal is to worship in such a way that I can showcase and increase the glorification of God in my music.
I like how you stated that when we focus too much on how we sound/perform we take God's glory away. And i also REALLY resonate with not showing emotion on stage (i always forget lol). great job.
ReplyDelete