In this chapter, Kauflin accused some believers of going to one church for worship, and then another for the Word. He claims that worship should not be separated from Word, but should rather be Word-centered. It is Word-centered when we treasure, sing, read, show, and pray God's word. Although worship does not explicitly have to be combined with the Word and the Word does not have to be explicitly combined with worship, it improves our relationship with God and magnifies his glory.
Honestly, I have never had the experience of going to one church for worship and going to another to hear the Word because I go for the overall mood and experience rather than chunks of the service. I do agree that worship and the Word work well together, as I am most prepared to hear the Word after worshipping and remembering how great God is.
I can relate to your personal experience. And I also enjoyed how you addressed the idea that the word should be the center of all the things that we do.
ReplyDeleteI also like how you state that the word doesn't have to be always connected to worship and give that feeling of there is a time and place for everything but we should always try to focus our actions and daily lives around the word.
DeleteI can also relate to your personal experience. I don’t know many people that go to different churches to see different things. I also like that you talked about how you don’t technically have to have both worship and the word.
ReplyDeleteI liked your application. It also surprised me when I read that some people go to two different churches for different things. I think it is important to always be worshiping God, no matter what. Good work! -zoe
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! It is very easy to ignore the words of God. We should slow down our life and try to sink into his teaching. I think Bob meant for us to set up a goal in our life to surround with God’s words.
ReplyDelete