Friday, November 17, 2017

Worship Matters: Through the Power of the Holy Spirit

In chapter 10 of Kauflin's book, he tells readers that not only do worship leaders have to magnify the glory of God, but also have to worship Him with the power of the Holy Spirit. He tells us that often we will depend on our plans and creations rather than listen to God. Because God is the one who made us realize that we are sinful and imperfect, we have to depend on Him for EVERYTHING, including worship. Because of that, if we worship without the power of the Holy Spirit and are not dependent on God, then we are not acting as true Christins.

Personally, I believe that everyone who is active in worship has a certain calling by God to be given that opportunity. I do agree, however, that we rely on ourselves instead of God to convey the true power of worship. It often requires a humbling experience in order to realize how much our worship is dependent on the power of the Holy Spirit. During worship chapel, we arguably made a couple mistakes. However, I received so much positive feedback on it. It made me realize that even though we made the mistakes, God was there with us and carried the music and the mood. It wasn't because of us, but rather Him, that made worship chapel go well.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Liana, I loved the way you applied the chapter to worship chapel. It was definitely humbling knowing that so many people liked the songs even if we messed up. I feel like since we've read this chapter it'll be a lot easier to remember to ask the Holy Spirit for a good performance and feedback for the next times we perform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really agree with the part where Kauflin says we have to magnify the glory of God. I also really connected when you said that everyone has a specific calling from God, no matter what thier talents are. Good work! - zoƩ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed how you addressed the point about how if we are active in just worship we have a certain calling by God. I also liked the focus on how we have to depend on him for everything.

    ReplyDelete

What is "worship"? | Bob Kauflin

This is the last blog post! This video is an interview of Kauflin as he approaches worship from a non-musical aspect. When asked for his bes...