In chapter 15 of this book, Kauflin explains what proclamation is as well as its importance. By definition, proclamation is the announcement of something officially or publicly. When we worship, we should be proclaiming God's love and greatness. We often forget how good He is, and need to be reminded through proclamation. But not only do we have to proclaim about God to the church while we lead worship, but we also have to proclaim to ourselves. Kauflin argues that the most fruitful and effective way of serving our churches is through preaching the gospel to ourselves. The gospel is central to our worship and why we believe.
I agree with most of what Kauflin says in this chapter. Although I know the gospel, I will always need others to proclaim it to me and to proclaim it to myself. This is so I have a sturdy foundation for my knowledge of God and so I can remember how great He is, the reason why I lead worship in the first place.
We will normally forget something until we recite it over and over again till it is embedded in our memories. I agree with the idea that we need to proclaim our love to not only show others our devotion to him, but to also remind ourselves.
ReplyDelete